Basically, this error is a complex one. Through this blog post, the effort has been made to provide users with a deep insight into the error. From its causes to its solutions, we have outlined everything in this article. Kindly read it till the end.Guys, you are not alone, the error has seen by many of the desktop users. And we can understand that how annoying the situation would be when your important work gets hampered because of this unwanted error.
POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THE ERROR:
The error can be discovered while launching the QB application. The error message is like: “Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QB with company file.Error Code: 80029c4a. Description: Error loading type library/DLL”
The message is accompanied by ‘OK’ button. When the user clicks this button, they see another error message saying: ” QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your PC might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Cannot load DDL (dynamic link library)”.As the message suggests that DLL is the main cause behind the problem. But there several other reasons too.These are:
- Maybe some QB desktop system file is corrupted or cannot be found
- Maybe your application download be corrupted or it is incorrectly installed
- Corrupted Windows registry entry from latest software change (install or uninstall)
- Windows system files or software related program files are affected by virus or malware infection
- By mistake, QuickBooks related files could have removed
USEFUL TRICKS TO REMOVE THE ERROR:
1. Restart your Pc:
If you rarely reboot your PC but put it to “sleep” mode instead, this may help you.
Rebooting the device helps to clear out memory complications and give your installed applications a new start.
2. Update your finance software:
Intuit gives its users free QuickBooks updates during the life of a product.It can be installed automatically or at the moment as per your comfort. Usually, these updates remove application problems by fixing bugs and internal issues (that you might even know about). But be careful while going for an update,if used on networked systems. In such a situation, if you update, you could be starting a forced update for all users, since all the network devices should be working with the similar release of a software.In the working hours, it may create unnecessary delays and halt.
3. Run “reboot.bat”:
When you install QB software, a small batch file named ‘reboot.bat’ is stored in the installation directory. No matter, which version you are using, you will always see this file. Its purpose is to reset all the system settings that software makes over the period of its usage. ‘Reboot.bat’ has command line programs that help to reset Windows registry settings for all the components that the accounting software uses. Thus, we can say, it’s a type of clean-up utility that put everything in their right
place (in case, they ever get messed up).Before running the file, make sure that no instances of QB are running. Same applies to networked systems too.There shouldn’t be a single active instance of QB software running at the time when
‘reboot.bat’ is executed. Also, remember that to run the file, you have to log on to Windows as administrator.
4. Re-launch QuickBooks:
Sometimes, a simple restart helps you overcome the problem. You must go for it once if positive results are not obtained by trying all the above techniques.
5. Reinstall QuickBooks application:
In case, the above methods fail to solve your issue then the best way is to refresh the application. Give it a clean start by uninstalling and then reinstall it again. If using the software on a standalone machine,things could be simpler. On the other hand, on networked systems, there is a need to follow the same caution that you performed while updating the software.Go with given steps to repair software installation:
- Look for a machine that’s not available on the network
- Then, launch QuickBooks on it. Next, see for its license and product number by clicking ‘About’ option on the menu.
- Open Control Panel and move to the list of installed programs
- There search for ‘QuickBooks’ in the list. After selecting it, please click on ‘Uninstall’
- The uninstall dialogue box will then open. Pick ‘Repair’ option from there, followed by pressing ‘Next’
6. Repair QuickBooks with QuickBooks Repair Tools:
If none of the remedies gives you the desired outcome, it simply means that your software company file has suffered massive corruption. In this case, you should go for repairing it using the trusted third-party software.
You May Also Read : USE QUICKBOOKS FILE DOCTOR TO REPAIR YOUR COMPANY FILE