GPS is a term known to everyone from small to big. It has seriously become a necessity in today’s life.Well, it is used almost by every individual on their different devices.Garmin in this field produces top-notch products with GPS features thus helping their clients to navigate more confidently.This American MNC manufactures GPS devices for sectors like aviation, marine, road transport etc.However, the company also keep on updating its device with important and latest updates.
Friends, streets and route change constantly.Thus, your device should have the latest list of mapped roads and highways. Otherwise, during your journey, you will have no option left rather than to curse your dashboard. Luckily, the process to update your GPS is easier one, especially with Garmin’s Express software.Still, if you are ignorant about it, then follow this article. It would provide you with all the requisite information:
STEP 1: CONNECTING YOUR DEVICE TO YOUR PC:
Before, you go for update, first, connect your GPS device to your PC. For this, remove it from your car,motor cycle or truck. Ensure that the device is powered ON. With the help of a mini cable, hook the device to your laptop.Wait till the progress bar is scrolling. If it’s not your first attempt, the prompts would begin automatically. And if you have tried it for the first time, you have to manually log in to your Garmin a/c before you proceed.
STEP 2: INSTALL GARMIN EXPRESS ON YOUR DEVICE:
To update any of the Garmin product, ‘Garmin Express’ app must be there on your device.
- First, a fast-speed internet connection should be there.
- You must know also that Garmin Express is available both for Windows and Mac device.
- Open a web browser on your pc to install Garmin.
- Next, type www.Garmin.com/Express in the URL section. Press Enter key, after then.
- Now, you will be redirected to Garmin Express page.
- There you need to tap the button to download Garmin Express setup files on your Pc.
- In this step, click on “Download for Windows” or click on “Download for Mac” depending on the type of device you have.
- You will see that an automatic download started on your Pc with Garmin Express setup files.
- Please check that your device is up to date for Garmin Express app to run on your Pc.
- Once the download process gets completed, please double-click on Setup files. The installation process will then begin.
- To complete installation, give your consent to the terms and conditions.
STEP 3 – Purchase and Install New Updates:
Now, the time has come to buy the latest updates for your GPS. After purchasing it, go for its installation.Establish the connection and then perform given steps:
- As you add your GPS device to Garmin Express, the app will then start looking for available updates.
- It’s up to you either you go for all the updates or choose only the important one.
- Do remember that you have to pay for this update.
- Once you have paid, the installation process will begin that you can see on Garmin Express app.
- Here, high-speed Internet connectivity without data limit is required.
- The installation will take some time to complete, depending on the speed of your Internet.
- Once it (installation) is finished, it means your GPS device has successfully updated.
Step 4 – Disconnect your Device:
As the installation gets finished, now safely remove your Garmin Device.
- After updating the device, exit all the other tabs except Garmin Express home.
- Now, snap ‘Eject’ button.
- With this command, there will be no connection b/w Garmin device and Garmin Express.
- Remove USB cable and go ahead to enjoy with your updated Garmin GPS device.
For more information, approach Techsquadline for GARMIN CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
You May Also Like : WHAT TO DO WHEN GARMIN EXPRESS NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS COMPUTER ?