The user can turn ON the features in Malwarebytes for iOS using Malwarebytes app or the user’s device’s Settings app. Continue reading this blog post to know ‘How to turn on Malwarebytes for iOS features’:
- Ad Blocking
- Text Message Filtering
- Web Protection (Premium only)
- Call Protection (Premium only)
AD BLOCKING :
1. First, open Malwarebytes for iOS. Tap Activate i.e next to Ad Blocking
2. Now, click Activate Protection
3. Tap Toggle on Malwarebytes – Ad Blocking
4. After then, scroll down and then click on Safari
5. Next, move down to the General section, and choose Content Blockers
6. If you wish to enable Malwarebytes as an ad blocker, toggle on Malwarebytes – Add Blocking
TEXT MESSAGE FILTERING :
To turn ON Text Message Filtering, you have to open your device’s Settings app. After then tap Messages > Unknown & Spam.
WEB PROTECTION :
1. First, you need to open Malwarebytes for iOS. Tap Activate i.e next to Web Protection
2. Next, click on Activate protection
3. In case, you don’t have Malwarebytes for iOS Premium subscription, it is required by the app to buy a
subscription to continue
4. Tap Toggle on Malwarebytes – Web Protection
5. After then, scroll down and tap Safari
5. Now, scroll down to the General section and click Content Blockers
6. Toggle on Malwarebytes – Web Protection.
CALL PROTECTION :
Friends, if you want to block spam calls, you must verify your phone number and give Malwarebytes for iOS access to your contacts. Go to the Dashboard and select ‘Customize protection’. As verifying your contact number and giving Malwarebytes for iOS access to your contacts will help it to make sure that your contacts can’t be blocked by the app and it can locate neighbour spoofed calls.
1. First of all, open Malwarebytes for iOS and tap Customize Protection
2. Malwarebytes for iOS need to verify your phone number and permit the app to access your contacts Select Allow access or put the phone number.If you are not able to see any of the options, then continue to step 6
3. After entering your phone number, hit Continue. If the option is not visible to you, continue to step 4
4. Now, please re-enter your phone number to ensure that it’s correct,followed by pressing ‘Continue’If the option is not visible to you, then continue to step 5
5. Hit ‘OK’ to give Malwarebytes for iOS access to your contacts.If the option is not visible to you, then continue to step 6
6. In order to block fraudulent/spoofed calls, tap Block under each respective section
7. Hit OK, to make sure that you want to block fraudulent or spoofed phone calls
When a phone call is blocked by Malwarebytes for iOS then you will not get a missed call notification.However, voicemail can still be left by the blocked caller.