Can’t find an expert near you to fix the canon MX490 printer offline error? Don’t worry; we will guide you through a step-by-step process that professionals usually follow to get back printer online. Canon Mx490 is famous for its flawless performance and advanced features, but as it is a machine, it sometimes doesn’t always go smoothly and shows an offline message. And it now and then becomes a big issue for various users to decode this when the printer is connected but the computer shows offline error. This type of complication usually occurs when printer drivers are outdated or not connected properly. Don’t hassle if you face the same annoying technical glitch; use our simple troubleshooting steps to help you brawl against the canon mx490 offline error message.
Common Reasons For Canon Mx490 Printer Offline Error Message :
- Changes in setting: You may have recently edited the default printer setting by mistake, which may create a problem for your printer to get online. Make sure that you have selected the default printer setting, and no changes have been made.
- Printer Spooler option: Another primary reason for canon mx490 offline is that it may have stuck with the Print Spooler service and showing the technical error.
- Improper paper in the paper tray: Erratically, you are unaware of the printing sheet that may cause a jam. You have to stay aware before giving a printing command that the paper tray is not empty and all the printing sheets are wrinkle-free to avoid canon mx490 is an offline error.
- Problem with USB: While using a printer, we sometimes push it from its place for a specific reason and are unaware that its USB connection with the computer may get loose that results in your printer keeps going offline. Always check USB wire connections between the computer and the printer and confirm their accuracy.
Due to connection error: At times, it becomes difficult to locate an issue with an internet connection or Wi-Fi connection. But you need to trace it if there is an issue due to improper connection between the computer and Internet or Wi-Fi router, causing the printer to show its status as offline. This usually happens when you are using a wireless printer.
Printer Driver’s outdated- Every day, the canon software engineers work hard to bring the updated version of the printer drivers to increase printer performance and defend it from different virus and malware attacks. Your printer might signal offline mode if you had not updated the printer drivers with the latest version.
Compatibility with Operating system: Your Canon printer drivers may also cause your printer to keeps going offline if you have recently updated your operating system version. If you face this condition, you need to install the printer drivers compatible with your latest operating system Windows 10.
Steps to get the Canon Mx490 printer back online In Windows 10 :
Check the electricity power supply :
- Firstly, verify that your Printer LCD screen is not blank and the printer is Powered On to read an error on the display screen.
- Confirm that the printer may not have gone in sleep mode; if yes, wake it up by pressing the power button.
- Check the power cable is not damage or disconnected if it is still off.
- After resolving the power supply issue, check the LCD screen displaying any error message or not. If you still notice an error code display on the screen, then you should try the other method given below.
Start the Printer Spooler service :
- Type service in your Windows search box located at the taskbar. Click and open the Services( Desktop app).
- Then Right-click on the Printer Spooler option inside Services App. Now click on the Start in the menu list; you can also Restart it if the start option is disabled.
- Once again, right-click on the Printer Spooler and now choose the Properties option from the menu list and click. Here you will find the Startup Type option, which you need to set at Automatic and then click Ok to save your settings permanently. Now Restart Your PC and check the status of a printer is Online or not.
Look over the connection of USB and WiFi :
- This is easy to inspect; fix the USB cable connection if your printer is linked through a USB cable. Supervise both endpoints (one at printer and one at computer) of the USB cable correctly connected and not loose.
- If you use Ethernet as a connection medium, confirm that the Ethernet wire is attached to both ends, i.e., printer and router. Also, see that the computer and your printer are working under the same IP address.
- If you are using a wireless connection, ensure that the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless connection. Here you will also need to check the IP address of both the devices( Printer and Computer)
Make the Canon Mx490 as your default printer :
- To set your printer as a default, open your control panel(system app) under the Start menu.
- Now go to the Device and Printers and double click.
- Check either it is a default printer. If not, then Right-click on the icon of your printing device and select the Set as Default Printer option from the menu list. Once you are done with this, you will see a green checkmark on your printer icon.
Check the printer status :
- To verify the current status of your printer, give the command Windows+R to open the control panel (Desktop app).
- Here click on Devices and Printer under the Hardware and Sound category.
- Locate your Canon Mx490 printer icon on the Devices and Printer page and right-click on it. Now choose See what’s printing option.
- For the final step, click the Printer tab on the top of the See what’s printing window page. Here in the list, see if Use Printer Offline is unchecked or not.
- If it is checked on with a checkmark, then remove the checkmark by clicking on it to bring your printer back online from offline mode.
- In some cases, the printer is paused despite being offline. At that time, again click the Printer tab under See what’s printing window page and click on the Cancel all documents option under the list.
Re-install your printer device : You may be facing printer offline issue due to bug or corrupted file in drivers your have installed. To resolve it, you will need to delete and install them.
- Open your Control Panel(system app) by typing at the search box at present at the task manager.
- Now click on the Devices and Printer option under the Control Panel window page.
- After it, right-click on the icon of your printer available at the Devices and Printer window page.
- Here you will find the Uninstall Device option under the menu list. Select and click it; your Uninstalling process will begin at the same time.
- Finally, you will need to re-install the most up-to-date driver for your printer model from Canon’s official website.
Update to the latest version of the Canon Mx490 printer driver : After giving a shot to all the above troubleshooting methods and still your printer not responding and says offline, the only way left to come out is to uninstall the printer drivers and re-install them. This process has to be followed as drivers get corrupted or outdated, and this can be the main reason for a printer offline. Printer drivers play the primary role in linking the device with Wi Fi.
- It is necessary to switch off your printer and disconnect all the connected devices before initializing the update process.
- Now, open your control panel by typing the Control Panel ( system app) at the search box available at the task manager.
- After opening the control panel, select the Devices and Printer option in the Control Panel app.
- As you open the Devices and Printer option, you need to locate the icon of your Canon Mx490 printer.
- Now right-click on your printer icon and click on ‘Update Driver’ from the menu list.
- Next, click on the Search automatically driver option for updating your previous driver version. After your updates get completed automatically, it is crucial that you should restart your PC and check the error is resolved or not.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Question : What is the main reason for my printer showing an offline error code?
Answer : It is an indication of technical fault if your printer is showing an offline error. This severe issue must be making your printer stop working, and you cannot get your necessary printouts. The main reasons for this issue have already been discussed above by us, but Low-Ink, Old Drivers Compatibility, Virus, and Malware attack, and Multiple Printing Command are few other reasons that may be causing a problem for your printing device.
Question : Can I use the above troubleshooting method for my old Windows 7?
Answer :Yes, without any hesitation, you can also follow all the above troubleshooting methods for your Window 7. All the solutions provided by us are applicable on all the platforms of the Windows operating system that includes Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Question : How do you clear a paper jam error?
Answer : If you are facing a paper jam issue, then you need to be careful at that time. To get rid of paper jam errors, you need to follow these steps.
- Don’t give more commands if your printer is displaying a paper jam error.
Turn off your printer immediately.
- Now open the printer head door and remove the printer head.
- After it, pull the printer head out and remove the jam piece of paper from it.
- Now clean the paper head with a cloth and place it back.
- Put the documents and don’t use jam piece of paper again to avoid risk.
- Turn on your printer and start giving printing commands.
Conclusion: The above article is written under the guidance of information technology experts. All the steps given above are practically working and are helpful. If you still face any issues, you can connect with us and take the help of our technical experts available for service 24/7 at the desk via e-mail and the chat box.